TheRegister - Microsoft is paying €5.44bn in cash (about $7bn) for the once-mighty Finnish mobile phone company's Devices and Services business and for the licensing of Nokia’s patents.
Let's look at the counter-Google armaments Microsoft already has in its weapons store:
- We have Bing, Microsoft's search engine, going up against Google's own search tech.
- We have Azure going up against the Google cloud.
- We have Microsoft's SkyDrive product going up against Google's cloud storage.
- We have the Windows family of operating systems – PCs, notebooks, tablets and mobile phones – going up against Google's Android device software.
- We have the Internet Explorer browser going up against Chrome.
- We have Microsoft Office going up against Google Docs, etc.